Communications / graphic designer contract position
Are you a versatile graphic designer with a passion for the arts? Do you have both print and web design expertise and a head for communications strategy? Artstra is a small nonprofit organization advocating for the arts in Southwest Washington. We are currently seeking a senior-level designer as a part-time contractor (4–6 hrs. per week at $60/hr.) to meet our ongoing need for graphic design and marketing communications support.
This is a unique opportunity use your skills in shaping communications across all platforms for an arts organization influencing Vancouver, Washington and the adjacent region. With Artstra having no physical office space, you will work independently from your location with direction from the Marketing Communications Manager. Occasional face-to-face meetings with the Marketing Communications Manager and Board of Directors will be required.
- Design and manage website content updates and revisions
- Post stories and announcements to social media accounts
- Design and coordinate production of printed marketing materials
- Assemble and distribute monthly e-newsletter
- Maintain an organized filing system of digital assets
- Innovate and recommend design-to-delivery process improvements
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Astute attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and find creative solutions
- High level of proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Skill and experience using WordPress content management system, web development tools, themes, and plugins (Experience with Avada theme and Fusion Builder a plus.)
- Basic experience with HTML, CSS, PHP form scripts, and SEO
- Undergraduate degree or certificate with focus on graphic design / visual communications
- Minimum of five years’ graphic design experience (digital, web, and print) in marketing communications, some agency experience preferred
- Online portfolio of work required in order to be considered for this position
If this sounds like you, please email your resume, cover letter, and a link to email@example.com.
Art nourishes our souls, connects our community, and transforms the world.
PLEASE MAKE A DONATION to Artstra. We are a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization advocating for the arts in Clark County and Southwest Washington. Our all-volunteer organization works toward building greater arts awareness, rewarding creative excellence, and expanding arts accessibility.
SUBSCRIBE to ARTS brief, the monthly newsletter of Artstra.
A Celebration of Poetry 2023 video
Thanks to video production team Angela Cochran and Tony Evans, the January 8 Celebration [...]
A celebration of poetry set for January 8
'Poetry Moves,' created by nonprofit Artstra in partnership with C-Tran, will honor poets who have [...]